Woven Hair Extension Care Instructions and 7 Day Follow up Policy
WOVEN HAIR EXTENSIONS, AT HOME CARE & INFORMATION
All appointments booked at Faux Hair require a 50% deposit.
Faux Hair has a 48 Hour cancellation/ reschedule policy, in which 50% service fee will incurr,
Policy available in full detail at www.fauxhair.net
Due to the sensitive nature of our hair Loss Services, and our use of chemicals and LLLT we do not allow children under 12 in the salon, under any circumstances. We appreciate you respecting this policies, as we will not risk any child. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
We ask that if you are unwell, please reschedule your appointment, as many of our clients are struggling with auto immune illnesses, or are undergoing cancer treatments. Our staff find it hard to re schedule if they become ill.
Thank you for visiting our salon, it was great to see you today!
Although your new extensions are 100% Human Remy Hair, they are not attached to a hair follicle, and will not behave as such, so it is important to stick to a care routine, and use a high quality cleansing product. We have put together this basic information sheet, to help you with the care of your extensions at home, but if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our salon, on 42574452.
We urge all our clients to re book following each appointment. This ensures you have regular tightens and locks in your preferred time. As we book out months in advance, your are welcome to pre book, several appointments in advance, if you like. We do require a 50% deposit when booking appointments.
Its important when you come to your appointment that your hair is freshly washed, completely dry and tangle free. This ensures your hair extensions last. We are happy to wash your hair for you if you don't have the time, or to do a dry off for you! (additional costs will apply)
Use of products outside the recommended range voids all warranties.
Finance & Payment Plans
Our Clinic offers interest free finance options, up to $3000, through Zip Pay, We also offer After Pay. To use, simply log onto the zip pay or zip money website and register!
what to expect?
Your extensions may feel very tight today, and you may suffer from a slight tension headache, this is normal and should ease up quickly.
If you experience any conditions mentioned at your consultation please contact us immediately for advice, on 42574452. We are not contactable via facebook, and the best way to get in touch is via phone.
Please do not contact staff on their personal facebook pages or phone numbers.
* Woven extensions can sometimes slip or bunch up, become unraveled, or stitching can snag, causing the weft to become loose too quickly. If you are not sure, or are concerned, please call us and we can help.
* It is normal for your extensions to shed (the higher quality extensions, the less they will shed.) For this reason, most of our clients like to replace or add hair after a few months, please note, this is not a fault in quality, but typical of a weft extension. For this reason, most of our clients like to replace or add hair after a few months, please note, this is not a fault in quality, but typical of a weft extension. Correct care, and bushing with a D’Tangler Brush can minimize this.
Itching around the wefts is the most common reactions of the scalp when wearing extensions.
This is a normal reaction, that you may have read about in your information questionnaire on the ipad prior to your appointment.
The itching is caused my the bodies natural response to the added weight and tightness against the scalp. It is your bodies way of pushing it from the scalp. Similar to an allergy. Although frustrating, there isn't alot the salon is able to do to ease this.
In most cases it is a minor itch and eases off in a few days. In rare and extreme cases, the itch is constant and the extensions will need to be removed.
Below is some things you can try before removal.
* Try to wash your hair, and ensure all the shampoo and treatment is removed from the braids, running the water over them thoroughly, a build up of shampoo will irritate and create an itch.
* Make sure your braids are always dry. if you sweat alot, blast dry your braids with your hair dryer, and after washing ensure your braids are completely dry.
* Try some Paw Paw Cream on the start of the braids, at the tightest point.
* Try some of "Murrays Liquid Beeswax Anti Itch Formula" Available from the salon, or local chemist.
* If you are medically allowed, try an anti histamine, please ask your chemist first.
* finally, if all the above does not work, and the itch is unable, Please remove the extensions. We can do this for you at the salon,please call 42574452. if it is after hours, you can have a friend remove them for you as there are no chemicals or glues involved. have your friend simply cut the string carefully and unravel the braids.
Follow Up Appointments
It is very normal to need a follow up appointment within 7 days of your application, especially if this is your first time wearing extensions. We invite you back into the salon, for a free follow up appointment, if you feel any minor adjustments are needed, such as
Loosening of the braid (Please allow up to 5 days to settle)
Stitching becoming loose or undone
Weft off the braid
Extensions excessively loose (More then 2 inches)
Please call us for an appointment if you feel you need a follow up or need an adjustment
Please note, our policy covers minor adjustments only. Additional work may require a fee.
STEPS TO CORRECT CLEANSING
Its important that when you wash your hair, you use a Cleanser and Conditioner that is designed for Hair Extensions. Using products outside what is recommended, will strip the coating from the extensions and cause them to shed and matt. This can often be immediate and after just one wash!
You can purchase products for Hair Extensions, at Faux Hair.
We suggest that you do not use products containing Protein, Paraphbens, keratin, or sulphate.
Some brands we suggest are:
* Some of the MUK range
* Some of the Original & Mineral Range
Time to wash
Your hair will need to be washed no more than twice a week. We recommend washing once a week if possible (try some dry shampoo if you are finding your own hair oily)
Brush hair thoroughly using you Extension D’tangler Brush from your care pack(available from salon $14.95) to remove knots, tangles and prevent pulling
Tilt head backwards in the shower and fully saturate hair (never flip hair forward over a basin)
Apply a SMALL (size of 50c piece) amount of Conditioner from your care pack to mid lengths and ends only - DO NOT RINSE
- Apply a small amount of Shampoo (About 20c Piece) to the roots and gently work through, Rinse and repeat. You do not need to shampoo your extensions as they will be cleansed from rinsing the suds from the tops. Work this small amount to roots only, do not scrunch.
Rinse suds out whilst keeping hair straight
Repeat this procedure, however this time work roots to mid sections.
Rinse and apply generous amount of Conditioner to mid sections and ends. Leave 5-7 mins, combing through in sections with your fingers or a wide tooth comb & rinse.
Gently towel dry and apply small amount of Serum from your care pack to mid sections and ends
EVERY SECOND TIME YOU WASH YOUR HAIR, IT'S IMPORTANT TO USE AN INTENSE CONDITIONING TREATMENT
(WE LIKE MACADAMIA NUT CLAY MASK $32.95 from salon ) After second shampoo, before the conditioning step, apply treatment & eave 7-20mins or wrap in a warm towel and leave treatment in all day/overnight. Comb through with fingers/wide tooth comb then continue through conditioning step
DRYING YOUR EXTENSIONS
DO NOT brush the hair when wet. Although it is best to let the extensions dry naturally, it is also ok to blow dry the extensions. (Ensure you have applied an approved heat protectant or serum to protect the hair)
Section your hair and blow dry, ensuring you are not tangling the extensions. Once 80% dry, you may use your d'tangle brush to gently comb through and straighten as you dry. Support the wefts with your hands as you work the brush through.
STYLING YOUR EXTENSIONS
Tongs, crimpers, irons and heated rollers can be used on your extensions. However it is advisable that you use a heat protectants. Hair spray, Gels and Serums can be used, how ever it is important to ensure that are safe for extension and care completely cleansed from the hair during washing. Try not to over use heat tools as this can cause your extensions to dry out excessively, again use a heat protectant to avoid these issues.
COLOURING YOUR EXTENSIONS
We strongly suggest that you do not perm, tint or colour your Extensions. As the extensions are multi tone, and coated in a long lasting silky coating, the dye can pick up multi tones, and also dry the extensions out.
If you do wish to dye the extensions, we suggest that the you have them professional dyed, with a technician highly trained in extensions, (even better come and see us!)
We also can not be help responsible for any problems you have with the hair prior to colouring.
BRUSHING AND COMBING
The extensions are attached to your normal hair, and therefore pulling hard or mistreating them can result in damage to your natural hair,
Its important to only use an extensions brush, and start from the bottom, moving slowly the top portion. Some clients like to brush in sections, ensuing you are brushing your natural hair, in between the wefts, so it does not tangle.
Make sure you brush in a gentle manner and try not to exceed 3 time per day.
EVERY DAY ACTIVITIES
For those that use sun beds (naughty naughty) should wrap there hair in a towel to avoid damage.
For those who work out regularly or use a steam room/ sauna, you may like to dry your scalp after use, to avoid sweat build up in your braids. A use of a high quality dry shampoo can decrease your need to wash the hair daily.
If you are pregnant, you may like to consider waiting for extensions, as the scalp can become easily irritated, due to hormones.
HOLIDAYS AND SWIMMING
We strongly suggest avoiding swimming in pools, spas and beaches with Hair Extensions.
However in the case that you do, following precautions are advised to be taken:
* If you can, tie your hair up and DO NOT get the hair extension wet. Keep your head above water, avoiding diving under water swimming.
The chlorine present in the pools as well as the salt present in the sea, can matt or discolor the extensions. Salt/chlorine can cause a disintegration of the coating on the extensions, leaving a "stickiness" that promotes tangles.
Some clients have found that applying conditioner then tying the hair into a pony tail, and securing another covered elastic at 2-3 inch sections to the ends.
After swimming, rinse the entire pony tail in fresh water thoroughly.
then remove the first elastic and gently rinse. continue this a section at a time, and then start your wash routine, and finish with a very intense treatment.
ESSENTIAL AND IMPORTANT TIPS:
* Never sleep with Wet hair
* Its important that you take good care of your extensions and make to most of them buy using the correct products.
* Follow a tighten program that has been created for you, and never drag our tighten appointments out past 8 weeks.
* Lighter colour extensions will have a bleach content and so the life span will not be as long as the darker shades and will require more care.
* do not use product even colours and toners that contain oils and fruit oils such as wheatgerm or citrus.
* having additional hair, will see it not necessary to wash as often as you normally would. 1-2 times a week should be sufficient
Faux Hair does not offer refunds, or replacements for any hair extension fitted, under any circumstances. Please consider this prior to having extensions fitted.
Once tha hair is fitted, the stylist will show you your end result and colour etc, once you agree and are happy with the hair fitted, when you leave the salon you are responsible for the care of your extensions.
Faux Hair offers every client a 7 day follow up FREE appointment should you require any minor adjustments, or need some help with styling etc.